Wayne County Enhancement Millage Informational Sessions
The informational sessions are being held on the following dates and times:
These sessions are open to all district parents.
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at Stevenson Middle School
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at Wayne Memorial High School
- Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at John Glenn High School
- Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. at Marshall Upper Elementary School
- Monday, August 4, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. at Franklin Middle School
- Monday, August 4, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at Edison Elementary School
Remember to Vote
On August 5, 2014 voters in the Wayne-Westland Community School District will be asked to vote on the Wayne County Education Enhancement Millage.
The money would be used to:
- Preserve student programs - academic, student technology, athletic and extra-curricular
- Replace school buses
- Update curriculum materials
- Maintain facilities and equipment
The millage would provide approximately $4.6 million on an annual basis to Wayne-Westland Schools.
For information please click on the links below.
RESA Millage Flyer
Champions' Summer Camp Program
Kids want to have fun this summer. You want to keep their mind active along with their body. So give them six exciting camps to keep them active and engaged. Not only will your child have a new learning experience, they’ll be having a fantastic time while making new friends! For more information, please click here.
School Traffic Flow Maps
Click on the link below to view a gallery of images that will provide valuable information regarding the flow of traffic in each of our school parking lots.
School Traffic Flow Maps
Hicks Elementary School
Inkster, Michigan 48141
Principal: Andrew Rosinski
Secretary: Kim Markey
Student Hours: Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am - 12:10 noon, PM Half Day: 12:40 pm - 3:50 pm
With the assistance and cooperation of parents, we will instill confidence and self-worth in children by empowering them with responsibility. Each day, we, the staff at Hicks Elementary School, will offer a productive learning environment conducive to meeting the individual needs of our diverse student population. Vision Statement: High teacher expectations, parental involvement, and pupil attendance are the keys to our success.
Hicks’ Motto: Empowered to Lead and Succeed! Please Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer in order to view any of the pdf files on the Hicks Website. If you need a copy of Acrobat Reader just click on the link below to download a free copy to your computer.
Adobe Acrobat Reader